So you can’t tolerate down time for your DCS upgrade...
...Using MiBridge you will be cut over to your new system of choice in hours!
Any system to any system migration solutions, allowing you to choose the DCS you will live with for the next 10 to 15 years.
EMPHATEC designs I/O interface/adapter products (MiBRIDGE®) that allow new advanced control platforms to replace legacy Process & Automation Control Systems, while making use and bridging over to, existing field wiring.
I/O Interface/adapters can be DIN rail mounted, rack-mounted and if necessary designed for installation into wire ducts. Customized cables connecting adapters to new system I/O, completes the package solution.
EMPHATEC has developed Migration Systems for:
|Siemens/Moore APACS & Quadlog
||ABB – DCS
|Bailey – Network 90 / Infi-90
||Westinghouse – WDPF DCS
WHY USE WIRING I/O INTERFACE DEVICES/ADAPTERS?
- Switching the wiring to new I/O is generally not complex but is very time consuming and prone to human error, when re-wiring.
- In many installations wiring may be 30+ years old and very brittle. Every lifted wire can add the risk of delay to a project.
- The labor involved in re-wiring can sometimes increase the cost of a project to the point where the project cannot be justified.
- In some systems, the older I/O is failing and causing production issues. Upgrading I/O and not re-wiring is a solution.
- Most process applications are continuous and operations cannot tolerate long outages.
- I/O Adapters are innovative control migration solutions that help to mitigate the risk and cost of Control System upgrades.
- I/O adapters are designed for a new Control System phase-in under short shutdown installation schedules.
- The best reason to use Adapters and not to touch the wiring is because “if the wiring isn’t broke, don’t fix it”!
I/O ADAPTER - BRIDGE TO A (NEW) CONTROL SYSTEM
- The cable (ref: Figure 3) has C2 at the adapter end and C3 at the new I/O card end. C2 connects to the MIBRIDGE® adapter card. The Adapter connector is either an IDC type (22AWG wires, suitable for 2A / Channel) or Weidmuller B2L type (18AWG wires, suitable for 6A / Channel & includes shroud/strain relief).
- Emphatec provides the I/O adapter card that accepts the customer’s existing I/O connector and acts as an interface between the I/O connector and a cable to the new I/O card.
EXAMPLES OF SOME I/O INTERFACE & ADAPTER MODULES
HONEYWELL - IPC-620 - MiBRIDGE CONTROL MIGRATION SOLUTION (CHASSIS-MOUNT)
APACS & QUADLOG DIN-Rail I/O ADAPTER
- DIN Rail is installed onto the wall plate within the control cabinet
- APACS / QUADLOG I/O Adapters Bracket is mounted onto the DIN rail and the APACS field connector positioned in the bracket
- APACS / QUADLOG Cable Adapter is attached to the APACS field connector
- Adapter cables are connected to the PAC System specific I/O.
A cost-effective migration solution designed to easily replace APACS/QUADLOG I/O Racks, allowing plant control to migrate to a new control system platform.
**NEW MODULES CAN BE DEVELOPED FOR YOUR SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS**
Contact MICA Controls for more information.